Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's real!!!



I had my first ultrasound/appointment today!!!


We got to see the baby and it was absolutely amazing! He was moving around and even waved his little arm. The ultrasound technician was really great and made sure I understood what everything was and took her time with us. We saw a heartbeat which was amazing and the heartrate was 171, which she said was good.

The doctor I saw was also really nice. The place I'm going is a shared practice, so I see all of the doctors and then one of them will deliver the baby, it's just not guaranteed who it will be. I still have to get bloodwork done at a different hospital, but I've got a month to do that (before my next appointment) so I'm not stressing out to bad about that.


The other thing I am not at all stressing out about is work. It's kind of to the point where it could defintiely be to my detriment, so I'm trying to not let it get me in trouble. Ever since I found out, and expecially after I told people at work, I have really not cared about work at all. I've got major preggo brain and I seem to forget everything. I've been pretty good about keeping a note pad aroud and writing down things that I have to do, so that I don't forget anything. I have forgotten to do a couple big things though, but luckily none of them were life or death. When people have been coming to me with problems I am trying so hard to care, but I just can't help but think "it's not that big of a deal!". I am really, really trying to not let my attitute show, but I am afraid that one of these days my hormones are going to get the best of me. The people at work have been really awesome about the whole thing and make sure that I'm ok all the time. They've even sent me home twice, once for morning sickness and today because I've got a bad cold. I'm a touch worried that this sympathy is going to run out though, and I'm not going to be getting as many "breaks". I can just pray that people continue to be compassionate and that my attitude gets better.


Off to bed now! :)

No comments: